What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Extended (XL) instrument panel

Has anyone installed the XL panel? I believe it extends down 1 3/4 inches farther. Has it cause any issues with leg room? I am thinking about doing that so I have room to stack my EFIS and EMS.... Ken

1" taller

I believe my panel is 1" taller and have had no issue with leg room. I don't think an extra 3/4" deeper will be an issue.
N96FS%2520Ready%2520to%2520Fly%2520081123%2520017.jpg

Last edited:
I have it in mine.

The only drawback I have found is when I need to work under there - further forward. It does force me to stretch out though.

I have a slider just to clarify....

Ralph

Awesome!

I have the slider as well. Thanks for the input! I will start punching holes tomorrow. Headed to Arizona to go pick up my motor and prop in a week so things coming alone great! Thanks again! Ken

I used the oversized panel and have no problems at all. I have the tip-up so there is less of an issue getting behind it, but with an EFIS and a EMS high up on the panel, access down lower is restricted.

Jim Bower
RV-6A N143DJ

extended panel

On my extended panel with a military stick grip I had to shorten the control stick quite a bit to keep it from hitting the panel switches when I swept the cockpit with the stick.

Back