What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The "Pie" and I wet sanding...

crabandy

Well Known Member
The "Pie" (my youngest 11months) joined me on the deck this morning to wet sand the main gear fairings. While my older two are quite happy leaving dad to his aircraft musings, the Pie is more than happy to join in. I don't always get done everything I want to, but often accomplish many things I never dreamed of! I'm trying to take advantage of it while I can...
E17F64DA-98F2-4BB3-9347-D73C4A4EE48A_zpsyuzm3gcz.jpg

05CF0797-0028-4809-8049-CCADC90B680A_zpsprtqq6pe.jpg

D46F8701-67E2-4F35-A585-E50566286B82_zps2twcftgb.jpg

:) my daughter has been my biggest help the last three years. she knows rivet callouts, how to read the prints, and is a great rivet bucker. just a bit older (she's leaving for her sophomore year in college in two weeks) but just as cute. relish every moment. they're gone before you know it.

Very cool. I like to involve the young ones as well. My kids grew up assuming every kid's dad had an airplane project in the garage (and knew what a Cleco was). You do have to keep a close eye on them though. One time I turned around and my four year old son was filing the leading edge skin of the HS (as in the rounded nose part!). Me: "xxx! What are you doing!". Him: "I'm helping!" That has become a classic quote in our family.

Luckily he wasn't even putting enough pressure on it to break though the primer.

Best Dad Ever

Keep the pictures and she will relish having them later. You are an example of a great parent when you include children (yours) in your projects. Nice job.

Pat Garboden
Katy, TX
RV9A. N942PT

So cute! Where did "Pie's" name come from?

Well, when Penelope was less than a month old my wife would put these little mittens on her hands so she wouldn't scratch her face. I thought her mittens looked kinda like the hot pad oven mitts, she would rub them together when she was getting hungry. The "PattyCake PattyCake" song became:
PennyPie PennyPie Bakers Man
Make Me Some Milk Fast as You Can...

Back