What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Inspections & Brown Cleco

hydroguy2

Well Known Member
It's bitter cold around here this week. -3*F right now heading down to -15 by morning. No fun flying in that, so started my Condition Inspection.

3 yrs and 230hrs(my fuel wallet is smaller than Vlads) but the engine is looking and running very well. No cracks, no leaks, still need to check every nut, screw and clamp. But very pleased so far.
IMG_20131204_172453_855_zps9352f0d6.jpg

I inserted a brown "Cleco" in the cockpit. Cleco is our new labradoodle.
IMG_20131204_172845_956_zps2de71cfa.jpg

Finally had to call it a night as he was more help than I needed. 13 weeks old, it's tough to get a good still photo of him with my cell phone.
IMG_20131204_172643_375_zpsc271dd0e.jpg

My free hangar has hot water heated floors. :) I hangar/house sit for a friend while he is in the warm south. Life is good.

I've got an eight year old Labradoodle. They are so smart, it is astonishing.

Good luck on the annual! Your engine still looks like you could eat off of it!

my new best Frenemy!

My free hangar has hot water heated floors. :) I hangar/house sit for a friend while he is in the warm south. Life is good.

Brian, a FREE hangar with HEATED floors to do your inspection.
you suck and/or are my hero. :confused: not quite sure yet.

"....I would like,... to... have... seen.....Montana......" :rolleyes:

Is somebody complaining about fuel? Racer Aurora has a hangar full of goodies easily convertible to gas.

Nice clecoodle and perfect time for condition inspection Brian. See you in July and Merry Xmas! :)

Last edited:
You're lucky with your hangar Brian! I went to my Polson MT hangar yesterday to do some work on the airplane but it was 40F inside and 0F outside at noon - too cold for my old bones to swing the wrenches.
It's supposed to be even colder this weekend :confused:

no real complaints here. Yes I would like more fuel money, but life is good. Gotta keep Kris happy, so flying is not always the top priority.

Since I'm not paying for the heat, I keep it about 48. When I have a big job to do I raise the temp to 52-55 and work in a sweatshirt. Short jobs I just use a dual 300w halogen work light. Warms things up right where I'm working.
The hangar isn't exactly free, I do odd jobs for the owner all year. The one I used hate was changing the cat box last winter. New cat goes outside for his business...no mice!

Vlad, you should plan to be here around the 4th of July. We host a fly-in and then possibly doing another air race on the 5th. Merry Christmas to you also.

Boy, I envy you that heated hangar! Mine is unheated and probably unheatable. I could get some good work done on my (already flying) RV over the winter, but I don't have heated coveralls.

Jim Bower
RV-6A N143DJ

Back