What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Throttle Quadrant

Dayton Murdock

Well Known Member
Hi Guys

Did anyone see that Van has made a throttle quad for the RV10?
It is in the firewall forward kit for the 10

I would generally recommend against a throttle quadrant. It will be a PIA to get to the fuel pump and filter in the tunnel. Running the engine with Vernier controls is more precise than a throttle quadrant. Throttle quadrants are useful for twin engine aircraft.

Quadrant

I have a quadrant and much prefer it to vernier controls. When I am climbing and cruising, it is at WOT, and there is no precision necessary for that. Pattern flying is no big deal with the quadrant.

As far as the prop control goes, my MT prop and Hartzell Governor are basically set it and forget it. The Governor holds the rpm within the limits of measurement on my G3X.

Like everything, it’s personal preference…

In regards to precision adjustment of the mixture: with a quadrant, are you able to lean down to the exact number like a vernier style control? That’s where fine adjustment is really required. Or even a better question: can you make Mixture adjustments a couple degrees at a time with a quadrant lever?

Mixture?

I have EFII so adjusting the mixture isn’t a player…in fact, my quadrant doesn’t have a mixture lever…

Back