What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil Filter for 0-320

apkp777

Well Known Member
Hey, trying to decide on oil filter for my ECI xo-320. Anyone have a strong opinion.

Also Van's lists the Champion CH-48110-1 as the appropriate filter for "nearly all RV's with Lycoming engines". Anyone have any input on that.

I am happy to go with the Mother Ship's recommendation. Just seeing if anyone has had + or - experience with different setups.

Help me stop my oil filter collection.

Okay, I have ordered 2 oil filters and still none fit my ECI kit. I ordered a 48110, it had a male nipple. I need female. Spruce told me I needed a 48103, it had a 13/16 diameter female hole, I need 11/16.

Anyone got any clues?

I use a 48108 on my ECI component O-360 (90 degree adapter), for what it's worth. Female - forget the thread size. Not many more combinations for you to try!

Thanks Paul, it's gotta be that one.

Anyone out there have a 48108 filter laying around that can measure the hole diameter (female style)? 13/16 is too big, could be 3/4 or 11/16?

Okay, I got it Chief had it listed on their site

AA48108 4 7/8 H x 3 ? Dia. 3/4 -16 Female Thread 16-18 FT LBS

The angled oil filter adapter that ECI uses, does not have a bypass feature built into it and must use the CH48108-1 or equivalent filter because that filter has a bypass built into the filter. The Lycoming straight back oil filter adapter has a bypass built into the adapter and thus the filter doesn't need one. So that setup uses the CH-48110-1 which doesn't have a bypass built into the filter. The reason that the different filters are male or female threads is to prevent you from installing the wrong one. Getting the wrong one onto the engine can cause problems with oil starvation if the filter becomes plugged and lack of filtration, from filter element collapse and damage from cold starts. CH-48110 style is used on Lycoming engines with adapters that have an integral bypass and CH-48108 style filters are used on Lycoming engine oil filter adapters that don?t have an integral bypass.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

oil filter adaptor

any idea if there's a 90 degree adaptor for a Lyc O-360 A1A that is currently using the Champion CH48110-1 or Tempest AA48110-2 filters with the male thread on them?

I only seem to come across ones for the *108 with female threading. I hear they are different somehow, but wondering if there's a 90 degree for the kind I have?

ECi and Continental Titan service pubs

Hey, trying to decide on oil filter for my ECI xo-320. Anyone have a strong opinion.

Also Van's lists the Champion CH-48110-1 as the appropriate filter for "nearly all RV's with Lycoming engines". Anyone have any input on that.

I am happy to go with the Mother Ship's recommendation. Just seeing if anyone has had + or - experience with different setups.

Information on the angled oil filter adapter and other PMA approved and experimental engine parts IS FOUND AT THIS LINK;

http://continental.aero/titan/documentation.aspx#entry2

Back