What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO-375 Oil Change

SeanB

Well Known Member
Hi,
A friend and I each have an Aerosport Power IO-375 engine. He has a cold sump, I do not (still building). He is ready for first oil change. Does anyone have any information on which crush gasket is needed? It appears he has three drain plugs. Use the lowest one because a taildragger? Looking at quick drains by Saf-Air. Anyone know which one for this engine?

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages/ep/oilsystems_oildrain/safOilDrainValves.php

Thank you much!!!

Go and get a Fumoto T202N quick drain. They work great.

IMG_3831-M.jpg

You can drill a small hole on the flange in order to safety wire it in place. Buy some 1/2" hose at your auto supply store and use it to direct the old oil into your drain pan.

IMG_0485-M.jpg

+1 on the Futomo drain.

Probably overkill, but I also drilled a small hole in the drain lever and safetied it so it will not allow opening it.

fumoto

been using this for years and has remained leakproof.
I had a brand bought from spruce that leaked after 2 years, the fumoto has been on the plane for 7 years and is so easy to twist open and closed.
If one is going to go quick drain route, this is the way to go. Got mine via eBay

Last edited:
There is a crush gasket on the plug on the center back of the oil pan, would be 1"id x 1 1/4" od and can be bought at any auto parts store. This plug holds in the oil pickup screen, and is usually removed during annual or 100hr inspections to check for bad engine metal shavings. I do not know if there is a quick drain valve option for this location, also being so close to the engine mount also limits this.
As stated on prior posts, the bottom drain locations are usually used for routine oil changes.

been using this for years and has remained leakproof.
I had a brand bought from spruce that leaked after 2 years, the fumoto has been on the plane for 7 years and is so easy to twist open and closed.
If one is going to go quick drain route, this is the way to go. Got mine via eBay

I have had a nuance leak for a couple years that for the life of me cannot locate. This may be my source. Thanks!

Back