What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

200nm or so from Bar Harbor, Maine

FireMedic_2009

Well Known Member
I'm flying to Bar Harbor Maine in a week to visit a cousin. I'm planning to fly around the area while I'm there for a couple days. I'm thinking of flying as far down to Martha's Vineyard / Nantucket. I'm looking for a few places/areas to fly to and a few places to get breakfast and lunch. I appreciate any recommendations
Thanks!

Consider Hampton Airfield (7B3) if it fits your itinerary. There?s usually some interesting aircraft, a handful of RVs on the field, and the family run cafe has good food.

You should consider Chatham airport, kcqx, for your sightseeing. The airport has an on-field restaurant that is gourmet quality for breakfast and lunch is pretty good too. It is very small, but so good that people are always waiting in line to enjoy. Also, easy to get uber for mile ride into a quintessential New England seas-side town with good restaurants.

1B2

Katama on the Martha?s Vineyard , 1B2 is an awesome grass strip with a great restaurant on the field. Bus stop there, $1.50 will take you anywhere on the island. Awesome spot right on the beach.

I'm flying to Bar Harbor Maine in a week to visit a cousin. I'm planning to fly around the area while I'm there for a couple days. I'm thinking of flying as far down to Martha's Vineyard / Nantucket. I'm looking for a few places/areas to fly to and a few places to get breakfast and lunch. I appreciate any recommendations
Thanks!

If you are in the mood to stretch your legs off beaten path go to Sugarloaf B21. A lot of eye candy in Carrabassett valley. There are food joints by the airport. Stop by Bethel 0B1 it has the cheapest fuel and new little terminal with coffee and snacks open 24/7. Circle Mt Washington if winds are light it's a pretty sight. Put the easternmost point KEPM on your list.

+1 on Chatham

The food there was pretty good. Definitely a crowd to get in.

Provincetown (KPVC) is also a good place to visit. Airport is beautifully located, and a quick Uber ride from the town itself, which can be fun to walk around.

You should consider Chatham airport, kcqx, for your sightseeing. The airport has an on-field restaurant that is gourmet quality for breakfast and lunch is pretty good too. It is very small, but so good that people are always waiting in line to enjoy. Also, easy to get uber for mile ride into a quintessential New England seas-side town with good restaurants.

Also a plus one, this time for Hampton

Good food at that place, and lots of friendly small-town airport types wandering around. We really liked it.

Consider Hampton Airfield (7B3) if it fits your itinerary. There?s usually some interesting aircraft, a handful of RVs on the field, and the family run cafe has good food.

I just went up to the Bar Harbor area yesterday to drop off my Archer that I sold. If you?re looking for an excellent lobster experience, check out Youngs Lobster Pound in Belfast (KBST). There is no fuel on the airport, but if you call the restaurant, they?ll come and pick you up and give you a lift both ways. I started out by trying to get a taxi and they told me 45 minutes.

It doesn?t get any fresher than this...

Back