What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

UHMW Tape

Av8torTom

Well Known Member
Is there a local source of UHMW tape? Big box stores? Is this the same as Teflon tape?

Thanks,

T

Hi Tom,
AERO in stock, Bath,Pa (Allentown) just north of you good source if you feel like making the drive.Grainger might have it in stock
RHill

Last edited:
Not typically available locally. I used to live in your area and couldn't recommend a local source.

I purchased the erasers but ended up using careful application of heat with a heat gun. The result was great as nearly all of the residue came off with the tape. I just needed to wipe the flaps down with a little MEK to finish up the process.

Not just for flaps!

There are several places to use UHMW tape on a tip up canopy. The plans want a strip under the front lip of the canopy where it closes down on the subpanel. I also put a small piece on the canopy frame under the top latch to prevent scratching of the paint where you turn the handle. I also put a strip of the tape on the cross members where the seat backs rest. Lots of uses!

Back