What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Recomendations for Mid-Alantic Paint Shops

Joel Medeiros

Patron
I have flown my RV9A for 130 hours and am ready to have it painted. I am base at KVAY in South Jersey and would like any recommendations for shops within a hour or so flying time.
Thanks, Joel

Here's 2 in PA

1) Lancaster Aero Refinishers - located in Smoketown, PA (S37) did mine, very nice job. Not cheap.
2) Three in the Green - located at Zerby (KZER) - friend just got his 8 done there - nice job, good value.

Can't advise on local paint shops Joel if I paint it would be TX but wondering how did you manage to fly 130 hours under local VAF radar? :D

Oh, Jim Russell in Greenwood, DE at Chorman airport did my C172 also.
That I kept outside eight years after he painted it and I always got compliments on how nice it looked. I did polish it religiously !

Boss Aircraft Refinishers

Had a great experience and received a great paint job at Boss Aircraft Refinishers in Salisbury, NC. Contact the owner Bill Lucey for a great quote. I was out of the country during the painting process. Bill and his team kept me informed every step of the way to ensure I got exactly what I wanted. Excellent job! Checkout their website, http://aircraftpainting.com/

Very Happy with Ed's Aircraft Refinishing at KHWV Shirley,NY (Long Island).
Ed Yezarski
631-281-8236
w3rElqszkd1Twb08Ts4r2dMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0

Great communication and design input.
Extensive preparation.
Quality paint job.
:)

PM me for details.

Rich

Last edited:
I think Ken Reese of Reese Aircraft Painting at Trenton robinsville airport in NJ is one of the best! He is not the cheapest but I think he pays extra attention to the small details that you don't always see and he's a nice guy!

Back