What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Firmware 5.1 Status

RV7ator

Well Known Member
What is 5.1's status? It's no longer "early 2009" for release. One reason I went with Dynon vs. Tru Trak is the promise of using nav signals for the autopilot.

John Siebold

D10A 5.1 A/P fm GPS

I thought the units currently shipping did that now? Talked to Dynon folks at Sun N Fun. About to find out as I should have a new D10A Wed, and will post answer.

5.0 is the only version available on Dynon's website; it's GPS only. 5.1's supposed to bring in vor/nav (the other half of the nav/comm most of us don't use much anymore).

John Siebold

5.0 is the only version available on Dynon's website; it's GPS only. 5.1's supposed to bring in vor/nav (the other half of the nav/comm most of us don't use much anymore).

I'm looking forward to the release of 5.1 as it will allow the AP to track a localizer.

5.1 is in the final stages of beta testing. It took a bit longer than we expected, but it also includes some neat, unannounced features. We expect it out around the end of the month.

As mentioned, it does support flying a VOR and localizer, as well as adding full GPS steering support from compatible panel mounted GPS units. Tracking a VOR without needing a GPS, DG, or other external equipment like the competition does is a bit tricky!

Last edited:
Back