What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wingtip Navigation Light Mount?

N62XS

Well Known Member
Does anyone know where to buy the old style fiberglass mount for wingtip mounted Nav lights?

nav light mounts

I have a set if I can find them. PM your email address and I'll send a couple pictures to see if they are what you're looking for.

C. Smith

This should help

Over the years, there have been a few different kits available to do this. The fiberglass kit was something different, but Paul at Flyleds put together an outline for the aluminum coves that Van's used to supply (but doesn't anymore).

You can find the rough plans here... ask me nicely enough and I might be convinced to CNC a version of these for you all. :D

It's also worth noting that Flyleds has a great position and strobe lighting kit that will fit these, and we carry the lenses you will need on our site (NOTE: the lenses will only fit if you have the aluminum coves mentioned earlier in this post. If you've got the fiberglass ones or the rare kit with the PAR36 landing light in the cove, our lenses will not fit)

Find those items on our site at the links below, or get the kit directly from Flyleds if you prefer.

- Flyleds position and strobe kit
- Va-148 Lens

What I want, and what I think the OP is looking for is these:

32115243180_77a1300cd8_b.jpg

Molds

I'll make molds and pass them around or make parts for those interested if I can get my hands on a pair of the fairings depicted in post #6.

The pictures of the fiberglass wingtip mounts in the pictures are exactly what I am looking for to mount nav lights on.

I'll make molds and pass them around or make parts for those interested if I can get my hands on a pair of the fairings depicted in post #6.

I copied those pics off a google search from someone's online build log several years ago. So far, the only lead I've gotten is someone supposedly had the molds as was making them for Van's years ago. But, there were no more available, and I was never able to get in touch with the guy who had the molds.

Back