What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aurora (UAO) Hangar Space

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
Hello, I'm a few months from being ready to move my RV10 to the airport to complete the project. I'm looking for a nicer hangar at UAO to rent or share (if sufficiently large enough). Anyone know of some available spaces?

Rent

Does anyone know what rent is going for at UAO? Just trying to get an idea of expenses for when I need to be moving out there.

Thanks

UAO rent

KUAO hangers are expensive and really hard to come by. 2 Yrs ago I was paying $365 for one of those OLD T-hangers in front of Van's as you taxi in. (Southend Airpark) Ted M. gave me a "deal" since I was an RV. After I finished flight testing I moved to KTTD, now paying $285 there and I see hangers come available there off and on. There are Pros and Cons for KTTD, but I think it's better overall value.

Hangar space available at Lenhardt's

A little further, but a nice airport.
Just talked to Glen and they currently have a spot for $275.00.

Call them at 503.651.2187 if you are interested.

Kent

Thanks, but I fly a lot of IFR and would prefer to be able to shoot the approach to come home. So the smaller, non-IFR friendly fields don't work for me. I'd really like to get into a 30x60 at UAO and share with 3 or 4 other planes.

Yes it is expensive!

I have leased a hangar mid-field next to Aurora Aviation for the last 8 years or so and pay $500 a month. It is a larger T hangar with a leaky metal sliding door, poor lighting and the roof leaks too.

At times I have had my S-2B and S-1T and a subleasor's Extra 300 in there so it is definitely bigger than your standard T. There are some nicer T hangars in the same group of hangars that still have the crappy door but have better lighting, sheetrocked (vs. unfinished) walls and painted floors and they go for about $650 a month.

The last hangar I saw for sale at Aurora was a 60x60 for $365,000. Unlike most airports, the hangar owner also owns the land the hangar is on vs. a long term lease which makes them more valuable and therefore more expensive to lease. Before the economy tanked all the hangar owners were trying to attract the biz jet business. Now there are empty biz jet hangars that remain empty because no RV owner is going to pay the $2,500 a month the owner is asking.

It's a great airport though, I love it there!

Back