What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV-10 builders/flyers in Orange County CA?

bbrvvvvv

I'm New Here
Sold my RV-6A and starting an RV-10. I would like to set up a builders breakfast to talk RV?s anyone interested?? I am thinking the Tustin area kind of central to OC. Flyers would be more than welcome too!!:)
Werner Berry
OC CA

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Werner, welcome aboard VAF:D

Good to have you here, enjoy the ride.

Thanks Guys!!

And a big congratulations to you Mike I hope you have a great first flight!! Thanks for the offer I may just take you up on it someday. Bob I was quite active in the EAA chapter number 92 many years ago. When I sold my RV-6A I bought a large motorhome and have been doing that for the last few years. Thanks for the kind words Mike! I look forward to flying an RV again.....

I am behind the Orange Curtain

Werner,

I am in Irvine and have some parts that hope to eventually be a -10. I am close to finishing up the wings.

I would love to meet up sometime.

Regards,

Eric Ison

I though so

And a big congratulations to you Mike I hope you have a great first flight!! Thanks for the offer I may just take you up on it someday. Bob I was quite active in the EAA chapter number 92 many years ago. When I sold my RV-6A I bought a large motorhome and have been doing that for the last few years. Thanks for the kind words Mike! I look forward to flying an RV again.....

I may be wrong but as I recall in 1996 when I started building my RV-6A you were working on your RV-6A. I joined the Chapter and went to a few meetings before dropping out because it just didn't fit into my schedule. The chapter had time in the meeting format devoted to projects currently under construction. If I am correct you are the guy that really impressed me with your extremely well thought out ideas and high quality implementations in your RV-6A. I had worked in aerospace for a very long time even then (42 years) and I knew the difference. I saw the photographs of your fuselage to wing plumbing details using 90 degree bulkhead fittings for the interface of all lines rather than running the tubing through grommets on holes in the fuselage sidewall. That and your routing of the fuel lines, brake lines, tank vent lines and pitot lines inside the fuselage from the MLG structure protected area to their terminations immediately stuck in my head because I knew the original design approach was not acceptable to me and yours was intuitively right. Several years later when I reached that point in my approach was similar to yours. I suspect your meetings will be very beneficial to the builders in the group, quite unlike the largely social EAA Chapter meetings.

Bob Axsom

If you are looking to connect with other SoCal RVer's, then be sure to join the [email protected] email list. Lots of informal get togethers and fly-in's are announced and discussed there.

Werner Berry, the original pied piper. Now we'll all have to build 10's!
Dave Klages has a buddy building in the hangar next to his in Chino.
You should come see your old friends sometimes. Glad your
back! Call me 951-314-0305.

Werner,
I'm building a -10 in Long Beach and would love to meet up with some other local builders. I built the fuse before the wings and am working on the fuel tanks at the moment.
Jim Carey

No new airplane building

Yes Bob that would be me!! I had a lot of good times with everyone at 92!! Are you building Bob?

rcngtips003.jpg

No new airplane for me but I do continue to modify for speed - around 2000 hours of build time dedicated to that activity now. I've done almost all of the drag reduction I can (including cooling drag), I've gone to a more efficient propeller and now I'm looking at going into the engine to get more power.

Bob Axsom

Sold my RV-6A and starting an RV-10. I would like to set up a builders breakfast to talk RV?s anyone interested?? I am thinking the Tustin area kind of central to OC. Flyers would be more than welcome too!!:)
Werner Berry
OC CA

Werner;
In Huntington Beach, plane mostly done with about another decade to go to get the last 10% done. I would be glad to meet up with you in Tustin or anywhere off the 405, you're welcome to come by and see/comment/assist anytime.
Pascal

Berry RV6A

Your RV6A-64WL-now lives at Agua Dulce airport L70. It is well cared for and still looks just about as good as when you finished it.

We have a great list going I will get you on Pascal!
Thanks Doug for letting me know that The Berry 1 is doing well! That was the most fun I ever had!! I look forward to having RV feeling again with the 10 someday.:D

Werner Berry
(Pied Piper)

New potential RVer

Hello everyone,
A bit about myself...I am a young aerospace engineer working in Irvine, CA. I earned my PPC in college in Atlanta about 9 months ago and love working with my hands. Though I'm relatively new to the idea of building aircraft, I'm thinking about starting a RV-10 project (quickbuild) in the next 9 months or so...but wanted to mull the idea over as it's quite a commitment. Any way I could meet up with any SoCal builders an perhaps take a flight, discuss your experiences building, talk about cost estimates, learn to rivet?

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Hello everyone,
A bit about myself...I am a young aerospace engineer working in Irvine, CA. I earned my PPC in college in Atlanta about 9 months ago and love working with my hands. Though I'm relatively new to the idea of building aircraft, I'm thinking about starting a RV-10 project (quickbuild) in the next 9 months or so...but wanted to mull the idea over as it's quite a commitment. Any way I could meet up with any SoCal builders an perhaps take a flight, discuss your experiences building, talk about cost estimates, learn to rivet?

Hello Nic, welcome to the force.

There is a rather large group of folks building/flying RVs at Chino----methinks you need to get hold of someone there. EAA is a good source for you too.

I suspect they will give you a total overload of info on RVs, but that is a good thing:D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoCAL-RVlist/

Last edited:
Nic, I'm building a -10 not too far from you in Long Beach. You're welcome to stop by and check out the project over a beer. I should be finishing up the airframe (slo-build) in the next month or two and then it's on to the expensive parts!
Jim C

Hello everyone,

As Mike S mentioned, get on the YAhoo SoCal list, there is only a few flying -10's in the area. One in Long Beach but he has no time for demo flights, than there is one in French Valley, he is THE guy all of us in OC have flown with BUT his plane has been down for a door problem with new seals. Otherwise we are all still building in different phases.
There are options from Jim in Long Beach to Eric in Irvine to me in HB, we are all open to sharing our views.
Lastly, let Werner, who started this thread know you want to be on his list for breakfast in Tustin.. he is working out the days and time. If you join the S0Cal list he has his e-mail in there and you can get with him directly, otherwise let me know offlist and I'll forward you any information I receive.
Pascal

Its going to be fun!!

Hi Guys, The votes are in?. Our first breakfast will be on the 18th at 7:00am Spires restaurant in Tustin 13451 Newport Ave, Tustin, CA 92780. We have 24 on the list and many have said they will make it. It will be a great time!!

Back