What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight

bjconst

We towed the plane to the airport at 9:15 on 4/6/2014, at 10:00, it made it's first flight. Here is the needed first flight pics and maybe video's, if it work. The only issue is the fuel gauges don't work, but the fuel flow was, so I flew. No heavy wing, it flew hands off.
wr4mx.jpg

kd9uok.jpg

xauooy.jpg

View My Video
View My Video

Nice Job!

Congrats again Bob. Solid plane, great paint and flies hands off. Exactly how it should be. Nice touch with the smoke! Put your pants on and let's see who is faster:rolleyes:

Congratulations!!

And the hobbs clicks over another one:D

Congrats on the fledgling----------glad you got the photos posted.

HOLY SMOKE!

Beautiful airplane! Classy paint job. Cannot recall a low pass with smoke on previous first flight videos. Hope you informed your spotters of your intentions. Could cause some "angst".

Congratulations, Bob. I just passed within 8 miles of you yesterday up RT40 going to Freeport (Hooker Harness). Small world.

Beautiful plane, congrats on first flight.

congratulations on the first of many fun flights. After you burn off the phase 1 hours the whole country is yours. All that is needed is time and a bit of 100LL. Have fun and again, congratulations. Beautiful paint scheme. Is there any history to the paint scheme?

Awesome

Wow , wow , wow , this is when all the hard work pays off , awesome plane , and love the paint scheme , I'm a big fan of military paint schemes and yours is just simply beautiful , enjoy it and once a again it's awesome ,
Adam Simmons

congratulations on the first of many fun flights. After you burn off the phase 1 hours the whole country is yours. All that is needed is time and a bit of 100LL. Have fun and again, congratulations. Beautiful paint scheme. Is there any history to the paint scheme?[/QUOTE]
there is no history to the paint scheme, the 8 always looks good in military, and I just looked to find something I liked.

What a Ride!!

Congrats on the first flight and thanks for posting the pics and vid.
Don called Sunday evening to inform me....said you were 'cranked up'!
It sure looks nice and I am really jealous now....but that's my problem :D

Back