What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV'ers around John Wayne Airport, CA?

Brantel

Well Known Member
Will be out here in Lake Forest, CA thru the end of April....

Any RV'ers around this area?

Last edited:
Will be out here in Wake Forest, CA thru the end of April....

Any RV'ers around this area?

You meant Lake Forrest in Orange County I assume. Send me a e-mail
when you are going to be in Chino and I'll try and be there to let you
in the gate (security you know). You will like Chino, lots to look at that
isn't RV's too.

Yep, We have a Wake Forest back in the East and no matter how hard I tried to type Lake Forest, it came out Wake Forest...

Anyway.. I will be stuck here over the weekend of 24th thru the 27th with absolutely nothing to do so I will be looking for some aviation related time killers!

Tom I will email you closer to that time and see if you and I can meet up.

Thanks!

Brian C.

You meant Lake Forrest in Orange County I assume. Send me a e-mail
when you are going to be in Chino and I'll try and be there to let you
in the gate (security you know). You will like Chino, lots to look at that
isn't RV's too.

Yep, We have a Wake Forest back in the East and no matter how hard I tried to type Lake Forest, it came out Wake Forest...

Anyway.. I will be stuck here over the weekend of 24th thru the 27th with absolutely nothing to do so I will be looking for some aviation related time killers!

Tom I will email you closer to that time and see if you and I can meet up.

Thanks!

Brian C.

Are you going to WonderWare?

Chino is your best bet

I was based at John Wayne Airport from 1982 through 2004 and the only RV I ever saw based there in the tiedown area was mine just a few weeks before I retired. I finished and test flew my RV-6A at Chino and there were a lot of them based there. There are a lot of airports in the LA area and they all probably have an RV or two lurking in the background but Chino is like a hatching facility. They seem to be concentrated in the hangars north and east of the tower. Planes of Fame used to be a very interesting place to visit and I guess you can still buy a biscuit and gravy breakfast at Flo's Airport Restaurant. Maybe not but I'm sure the RV's are still there in numbers.

Bob Axsom

Brian,

I have a Grumman that is based at SNA. I also have some -10 pieces that are based in my garage about 2 miles from SNA.

I am in Irvine, just down the 405 from the airport.

Eric

Brian
I keep my RV-9 at KFUL and spend most of my evenings in Santa Ana close to SNA. If you are looking for a drinking partner one night, drop me a line.

Cameron

Back