-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-25-2021, 07:13 PM

I acid etch (Alumiprep), but usually don't bother with alodine. The important stuff gets alodine, rear spar carry-through, probably the longerons, but that's about it. It's horribly toxic stuff and not likely necessary. When I build an airliner that gets soaked in deice fluid daily for 6 months of the year, and left on the ramp during every downpour then I'll alodine everything.
Fuselage started
Dash 8 day job is financing the RV8
Donation till September 2021
Old 04-30-2021, 10:56 AM

Default Tempo ZP Primer

Thanks very much for the replies! I am going to go with the Tempo rattle cans. Overall I know it will be more expensive, but given I'm going to be doing a slow, slow, slow build it saves worrying about expiring product and some spray gun equipment and hassle. I'm probably going to do my own durability test, but for any areas that are going to see ware, like in the cockpit, I'll probably paint over the primer sooner than later. Ideally, with a Tempo product designed to work with their primer but I've got to research it more first.

Thanks again!
Mike