What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair fuel valve

Aerosport1

Well Known Member
Can anyone out there tell me the Andair fuel valve to order for my 10. I called
Van's and they could not help. The one I ordered that they recommended
was the20x20-3. This is for return fuel lines etc. If anyone can lead me in the right directions that would be great. I will have a IO-540

Thanks
Geoff Combs

Why dont you give Andy Philips a call at Andair here in UK you can get the number at www.andair.co.uk he is really helpful and as he makes the stuff he's the fella to speak to. While you are at it you should order his oil water seperator and fuel drains, I have also fitted their fuel gascolators at the wing joints. I cant recommend their stuff highly enough.

Steve

Andair

Geoff -

You want a FS20x7-T. And a 6-inch extension kit will make things easier, though not absoultely required.

The Andair you want for the RV-10 is the FS20x7T

This is a LEFT-RIGHT-OFF valve with a male AN fitting on the bottom, and two "Elbow" AN fittings 90 degrees apart on each side for left and right tank. The "Elbow" fittings would be positioned downward allowing attachment to the fuel lines. The new "Elbow" fittings makes plumbing easy on the RV-10 and eliminate a lot of the extraneous AN fittings.

Picture the valve below with "elbow" fittings at the outlets instead of the male fittings.
x7-5.jpg

Why dont you give Andy Philips a call at Andair here in UK you can get the number at www.andair.co.uk he is really helpful and as he makes the stuff he's the fella to speak to. While you are at it you should order his oil water seperator and fuel drains, I have also fitted their fuel gascolators at the wing joints. I cant recommend their stuff highly enough.

Steve
Steve, Please don take this the wrong way but every time I see someone ask a question on the forum and then someone responds with "give the vendor a call"---that advise is the equivalent of a rich man giving the advice to a starving man that "all he need to eat is money" and thinking that advice is useful. Well .. duh.

Based on Dr Seuss I shall say what I feel and that is..plonka. Andy is a mate of mine, he aint starving, he aint rich, he just gives good, sound advice and who knows you could learn something, I did; For example, banjo fittings but I wont say anymore. Imagine building an RV and never speaking to Vans.

Steve

Thanks guys for all your responses. I did email Andair but had not got a response as this post.

Thanks
Geoff Combs

Thanks guys for all your responses. I did email Andair but had not got a response as this post.

Thanks
Geoff Combs

e-mail is not a valid communication type for these guys. Give them a call. Nothing else works.
They run a very nice operation but for some reason I do not understand e-mails is not on their horizon.

I am looking for a "Left, Right, Both, Off" just like my old cessna where can I find one of these and not in a salvage yard.

I am looking for a "Left, Right, Both, Off" just like my old cessna where can I find one of these and not in a salvage yard.
The "both" is not an option for low wing aircraft... when first of the tanks gets empty the fuel flow to the engine will stop. If you are afraid that you'll forget to change tanks, use timers etc. to remind you.

The are some cons when moving to the RVs from Cessnas. This you may call one of them. ;)

Back