What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What Book's, Video's, DVD's etc are useful?

rjtjrt

Well Known Member
Looking for advice on what book's, DVD's etc have been helpful during the building process?
John
Australia

DVDs and Books

I found the GeoBeck (George and Becki Orndorff) videos/DVDs (available from Vans or directly from George at www.fly-gbi.com) useful; the kit assembly procedures for the RV8 have changed since these were produced but the DVDs helped me understand the basics and George provides useful construction tips. I started with "Tools of the Trade" and then moved on to the 6/7/8 empennage, 7/8 wing, 8 fuselage, 8 finishing, and RV aircraft systems videos/DVDs.

For construction entertainment (and a few construction tips) the "From the Ground Up" DVD shows an RV8 QB under construction.

Recommended videos for fiberglass work are Sam James' "Fiberglass 101" (www.jamesaircraft.com) and the West Systems videos and booklets (www.westsystem.com).

For electrical work I highly recommend Bob Nuckolls' book (available directly at www.aeroelectric.com or other vendors such as SteinAir).

Mike

I couldn't recommend one over the other. They both have great information and complement each other. ... Bill

Back