What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Update from Classic Aero Designs

Luke D

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hello VAF,

I wanted to update everyone on a few improvements we are making in light of the long lead times (currently about 12 months). Here are the main bullet points:

• About 6 months ago, we hired 2 new key employees that are getting closer and closer to being fully trained.
  • Over the past year we've been working on a complete rebuild of our internal purchasing and inventory control systems.
  • We are now working with an outside vendor to outsource some of our sheet metal part production to increase capacity.
  • We are now going to offer a temporary seat option for those who are ready to fly before their order is finished (details below).
  • Some others are still in the works.

As far as the temporary seats go, they are based on requests from our customers. They are a basic set of cushions that the customer can purchase and use until their final seats are finished. They use the stock Vans backrest frame, and are held in place with Velcro. We encourage customers to pass them along to other builders after they are not needed (possibly at a reduced price to offset some of the purchase price).

Initially we will offer these for the RV-14 with others to possibly follow based on what we learn as we go. We plan to offer them in black cloth, and keep them in stock once the initial run is complete (in the next few weeks). Pricing and information should be on the website in the next few days.

2482-lrg.jpg

We know the lead time is a big inconvenience to customers, and we are doing our best to move back to a more "normal" production schedule. We are slowly ramping up the number of orders we can ship per week. In the mean time we appreciate your understanding as we try to take care of everyone.

This is the kind of customer service and caring that makes me proud to be one! Loving the seats you made for me... and I should be feeling them in the air very soon!

Got my seats last week after quite a wait but absolutely worth it. The seats exceeded my expectations in quality, comfort and craftsmanship.

Big thumbs up for Classic Aero designs

Still love my Classic Aero interior

Three plus years and 300 hours - interior still looks and smells like new.

U.S. based company and a long time VAF sponsor.

Agree with Krea. Almost 5 years & Just passed 900 hours and they still look & feel new. Best bang for the buck.

Thank you guys for the nice comments. We really appreciate everyone who has supported us over the years. Not to get sappy, but I think the quality of the people we deal with in the RV community has been one of the highlights.

Back