What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 wheel jack

Kenny Gene

Well Known Member
Guys,

I've searched the posts and didn't come across another post with ideas or pictures to lift the Rv10 (by axles?) to change tires, so if there is such a post out there, please forward.

I installed new tires and tubes this week on my Rv10 and used a 1" x 15" heavy wall stainless pipe to insert into the axle and jacked the assembly up. This is the same method I used to change tires on my Rv7a. You need a much heavier pipe because of the heavier weight and also be careful to have a tight enough fit inside so you don't "egg" the axle. I mic'd it at 1.1".

Please post additional ideas and thoughts.

Thanks.

Kenny Gene
Rv7a 294TC AWC 9-07 690 hrs sold 11-11
Rv10 484TC AWC 10-10 255 hrs

quick jack

I use a clamp around the gear legs and use a standard jack to lift the wheel using the area where the screw is on the clamp as the point to grab. Works for a tire change without scratching a thing.

Same idea and concept.....

Harbor Freight bottle jack, with a custom welded stand, and a customed bracket that screws into the wing tie down hole. The other variations should work just as well.

bob

FP25032012A00054.jpg

I built

wing jacks, similar to Bob's, about 24yrs ago, for my Cherokee 235 --- have been using them since for RV-6A, -8A, -7A, and -10 ----- work great! I use an antique scissors jack under the nut, for the nose gear.

Back