What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prince Edward Island this summer

kevinsrv7.com

Well Known Member
I'm looking into doing a trip up to Summerside (CYSU) this summer for a couple of days. Are there any RV drivers in the area that could give some recommendation's on places to stay and sight see? Thanks.

I'm not aware of any RVs at YSU, I know there is at least one in Charlottetown. I spent a week in Summerside with my RV-9A last July. If you contact the airport manager Matt at [email protected], you should be able to get some reasonably priced hangar space. I had a fair amount of brake repair work to do while I was there. I had a total right brake failure on rollout, I needed a tow back to the hangar which Matt was more than willing to help out with. Great people to deal with.

PEI is quite beautiful from the air, I managed a few family sightseeing flights in the area around the repairs. You won't find many airports on the island, there's only 2 (maybe 3) paved strips. If you come in during the day on a weekday, be sure to key up the UNICOM, they seem to monitor it well. YSU has a big runway, the hangars are at the north end quite a ways from the fuel. Fuel is only available (without callout) during the week daytime. Don't expect to find much more for services though.

As far as things to do and places to see, I can't suggest much. If you like seafood you should be happy. There are a number of dairy bars in the area, and beautiful beaches within an hour's drive.

Enjoy the visit, I wish I could go back next summer. Heck, maybe I will.

PEI

Drop into CCA3 and say hello to Jim Whitty. 5K grass runway in nice shape. B&B on the field. Jim is also a mechanic.

Cheers

Drop into CCA3 and say hello to Jim Whitty. 5K grass runway in nice shape. B&B on the field. Jim is also a mechanic.

Cheers

And that would be the 3rd of the 3 airports on the island. ForeFlight shows one at Mount Pleasant, but that's not there anymore (closed on the VNC).

We spent almost 3 weeks in the Maritimes in Aug ?11. Parked the plane in St John and drove a rental through NB and PEI. Then flew our 9 around the same areas - drove the bridge and then flew the bridge. Very cool!
Don?t bother with the fake Green Gables thing but make sure to take in some ceilidh in the small villages. Also hit Rustico and the buffet bar - awesome! There are some beautiful beaches around Cavendish. You might like to check out the B&B ?The Barachois Inn? an awesome experience. Cheers

Back