What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Tank Calibration

ScottSchmidt

Well Known Member
Today I tried to do the fuel tank calibration and my voltage is stuck at 5 volts. When I measure the resistance of the float it works just fine. Has anyone else seen this?
I have the Skyview with the conversion harness (meaning I received my wiring over a year ago and decided to wait for the Skyview).

When I look at the screen that has the setup information, it is set to "resistivity", yet the calibration page displays 5 volts. I don't quite understand what it is doing there.

It sounds like an open circuit. The problem could be the wire from the panel to the fuel sender. But a more likely cause is that the sender is not grounded. The mounting screws should have lock washers with teeth that will bite through the proseal and ground the sending unit to the tank.
Joe Gores

Measure the voltage from ground to the wire on the fuel sender. If it is 5 volts, then the sender is not grounded or it is defective. Well, in your case it is not defective because you already checked it with an ohmmeter.
If the voltage is zero, then there in an open circuit somewhere between the sender and the instrument panel.
Joe Gores

Ground worked

I installed the ground today and everything worked perfect.
Calibration went well.

Thanks guys.

Back