What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us your odometer!

turbo

Well Known Member
well it only took 13 years and 4,000+ hours to turn over that many miles. thought to take a look because i knew i was getting close. it has been an incredible plane! it has never let me down and the two lycoming engines have been just as good. i hope this is motivation to all building and looking to get an rv. it is the best bang for the buck. :cool:
img1348hq.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that's great Turbo, hope to see ya back at N40 Sky Manor soon. I've got 3600 more hours to catch you.

There are a lot of 50 year old planes out there that haven't flown that many hours. Sure gives you a feeling of how enjoyable it is to fly an RV.

you know, that is a lot of hamburgers too.

i am going to reset the trip odometer for a yearly total.

my average cruise speeds are 150 to 155 knots, rop, 8 g/h, car, mo, 100LL mixture with MMO in fuel & oil.

comon rosie.

img0922cp.jpg

That is impressive,both man and machine. Wow!.... And throwing out the challenge to Rosie? Sweet! (Great pic)

Last edited:
Challenge Accepted! Here's our odometer which includes our New Year's Day 2013 flight to Lake Havasu and back (had a headwind thus the 1:21 time).

Turbo, I'll be picking up some miles and Islands in April so you'd better get hopping...ah...I mean FLYING :D Rosie

hobbs_Jan_2013.jpg

Last edited:
hey, that sounds like fun. ill reset my odo today and games on. see you here in 2014 or before. anyone else wanting to join in? :rolleyes:

Turbo_helo.jpg

i got miles to go and promises to keep.

Last edited by a moderator:
With a number that high Turbo, you must have been living in fear of an internal battery failure resetting the unit to zero.... ;)

... And Miles To Go Before I Sleep - Robert Frost

Ed:
You're certainly living the last line of the poem. Your tally speaks volumes about the durability of the RVs as well as your skill as a pilot. Congratulations.
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

hey, that sounds like fun. ill reset my odo today and games on. see you here in 2014 or before. anyone else wanting to join in? :rolleyes:

i got miles to go and promises to keep.

I'm not worthy! (just jealous)

Trip Odometer through the end of March 2013

Turbo, I have a 'quarterly' update on our trip odometer to date:

Hobbs_Mar_2013.jpg

We leave on April 6th for our 1-month-long vacation to the Antilles, and I'm hoping that puts me WAY AHEAD of you :D Rosie

rosie, sounds like you will be jumpn ahead on your island trip.

i have a current island guide if you need one.

spray down that engine compartment with corrosion x to help the salt air issue for such a long trip in the islands.

enjoy the under water environment too.

lookn forward to your trip thread. :):)

img2494di.jpg

Turbo,

That is simply very amazing... There are pilots flying for the regionals with less time than that.

Turbo, I don't know you, but I like you.
Great accomplishment especially running avgas/Mogas.
I am way behind you and I don't think I am gaining on you.
Now that you have a worthy challenger (Rosie) it will be even more fun Than ever.
Keep it up!

p1000170i.jpg

rosie, you are kickn my butt down there in the islands. see you soon back in the states. :)

This is Incredible !!

.... After looking at this thread, I became curious as to the numbers on my airplane (The 9-A). I fly a lot, about 300 Hrs. annually. This being said, it seems I have flown my RV-9A about 86,000 miles in the last 2&1/2 years. I hadn't thought about in in terms of miles, but that is a lot of coast to coast trips. I sure love these little airplanes. Allan....:D

allan, i didnt know you were one of us. that is a lot of flying. come on down to florida some day. :)
imagesyft.jpg

Rosie's Odometer after the Caribbean Adventure

Here you go Turbo: As of May 5th, 2013 :)

Antilles_732.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have fancy gadgets like Turbo or Rosie but I could easy swing 1000 nm a day. I would guesstimate my total mileage is 93,000 and some change.

BIG CONGRATS!!!!!

all i can say is congrats on a fantastic trip. i really enjoyed following your trip on the spot tracker. the exumas to texas was incredible. the wx broke and you were off and running. the familiar pics of the virgin islands was sooo cool. my odo is hovering somewhere north of 10,000 miles. im sure you are glad to be back home. where was the best diving anyways? @$300/day x 30 days = priceless. a trip of a life time. you are the man! thanks for hanging out in homestead with me till i got things sorted out. :) i feel a trip to key west coming on this week with kim.also flying up to merrit island tomorrow for my ifr cert. glad you got home on time.

I don't have fancy gadgets like Turbo or Rosie but I could easy swing 1000 nm a day. I would guesstimate my total mileage is 93,000 and some change.

vman, my longest flight was flagstaff az to stuart fl in one day, 1,700 nm with some good tailwinds.

LEFT COAST VS RIGHT COAST.

p1000170i.jpg
what a trip.

looks like you have about a 3,000 mile lead on me now. WOW. im sure you will sleep well at home. good night big flyer!

The end of the year is counting down and the odometers are counting up. Get your totals ready. My 35,000 miles includes both aircraft. Looks like a 50/50 split between both. It has been a great year. Enjoying a train ride to NYC for a three day vist with friends. Amtrack rules. :cool:
93cb43d69ee366b72304cf06d0c86098.jpg

Big engines, fancy props, and new avionics are sure cool, but I wanna be like Turbo or Rosie! :D

Then you need to follow Rosie's "Secret to Success": Fly every weekend the weather is nice!

You got it right Moose! I still have a couple of more weeks before I 'show my hand' on my odometer miles, but either way, Turbo has me beat for TOTAL in all aircraft :) Rosie

PS: I just flew my 100th Young Eagle this afternoon, Garrett Brooks, yee-ha!

The end of the year (2013) is counting down and the odometers are counting up. Get your totals ready. My 35,000 miles includes both aircraft. Looks like a 50/50 split between both. It has been a great year. <snip>

Ok Turbo....final count for 2013...ALL RV miles...just a tad over 26,000 Nautical Miles!!! Looks like I got to fly around the world last year :D Rosie

Rosie, congrats on your mega mile year of rv flying. i knew it would be impossible to catch you on a caribbean boosting mileage trip but congrats on your rv victory.

total miles flow this year 39,000 miles, rv 21,000 miles. total miles on my rv....... 479,000 miles.

odometers have been reset for 2014.

i am working on a new addition to the hangar. if all works out well in the next week or so ill be sporting a new ride.

best to all in the new rv flying year. :)

Last edited:
Here's my odometer for 2014...almost got to 20,000 nautical miles :D I'm SURE that Turbo has me beat though... Rosie

odometer_2014.jpg

Here's the reset from today:

odometer_2015a.jpg

500,000 miles

IMG_0649.jpg

oYNm-GVYKFfegdLnvv9ComlyoMqYLy-SrLrLC9Q5xAw.jpg

good morning rosie. the miles shown was split equally between the rv and r44. ill get a pic from the rv later. some extra thrown in by the helicycle and i fell just short of 50,000 miles for the year.
_NIK6224.jpg

total miles on the rv at this time is over 500,000 miles. all odometers are reset for 2015. keep on building and dreaming. ;)
IMG_0655.jpg

QUESTION, in 496 pic, exactly where am i? come on vlad. give me your best.
photo-3.jpg

No odometer for a rookie flyer

Turbo I don't have an odometer. I flew only 622 tach hours in 2014.

I flew only 622 tach hours in 2014.

Only 622?:eek: Man, that's more than some airline pilots fly in a year!

And then there's my RV hobbs meter for 2014; 42 hours, my lowest ever in 8 years of flying it. I gotta do more in 2015...

Only 622?:eek: Man, that's more than some airline pilots fly in a year!

Yes, only 622 unevenly spread over 259 VFR days. The result is below. Aspiring builders if you think your main expenses are in the hardware think again :D

Back