What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RCP Throttle Cable Connections

Strike69

I fashioned a rear seat throttle quadrant with all three controls.

DSCN2183_zpsb242c2d6.jpg

Has anyone done something similar and if so, how did you connect the rear controls with the front (type cable, routing, etc).

Thanks
Strike

tight fit for 3 pushrods

Usually the back seat control is linked to the front one with a tubular push rod, so it can push and pull. Probably not going to be room for 3 pushrods (which is why most of us don't try this). You may be able to order custom very short cables in housings just like the regular forward controls do. But then you need to fashion cable housing 'stops' too, and those are pretty bulky.

We'll be interested to see what you come up with. I've seen a two pushrod system (throttle and prop) but not all three.

Hello Strike,
I couldn't help notice the red pushbutton you have inserted in the throttle. Could you please tell me where you got it... part no., etc? I am installing a second com and want to install the PTT for it on the throttle. I assume the wires are routed through the lever and then tie wrapped to the lever somehow? What I would really love to have is a rocker switch mounted on the throttle like the T-6!

Jerry
RV-8 N84JE
730 hours

I put a 2 lever quadrant in the back using heavy wall steel tubes to reduce the diameter and resulting cut out through the bulkheads. The ends of the rods were tapped for the clevises. I have seen a third rod completely inboard of the bulkheads, covered with a Z section. Sorry can't recall the exact dimensions for the tubing but it was from ACS.

Throttles_zps771c1c00.jpg
IMG_4990_zpsa8253369.jpg

Bump to top.

Anyone know where Strike might have gotten the red pushbutton for the DJM throttle?

Thank you,
Jerry

PPt

I picked up a piece of thin wall , square brass tube , the same thickness as the throttle arm from a local hobby store and glued it to the forward edge of the arm with epoxy . Two 22 ga. wires fit with room to spare . it hides the wires , also brings them out at th pivot point , the Red Push to Talk button is made by Sigtronics and sold by Aircraft Spruce .
Tom

Back