What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest Projects - Mallory Rhodes / EAA Ray Aviation Scholorship Winner

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Joe Waltz - Project Director
Montgomery High School (TX)

Link> EAA Ray Aviation Scholorship

It's my honor to announce that Mallory Rhodes, one of our build students, has been chosen to receive the 2019, EAA Chapter 302, $10,000 Ray Aviation Scholarship. She will use this to train for her private pilots certificate. Her stated goal is to complete her requirements prior to venturing North to Oshkosh this summer in EN-24, the "Purple Bearon". That's a lofty goal but in reviewing her resume and having the opportunity to interview her it was obvious that she has been a goal setter and achiever for quite some time.

Mallory is a Senior this year and will graduate with a 3.84 GPA and 36 hours of college credits. She will enter San Houston State in the fall as a sophomore. Her exposure to Aviation through our class is what provided the spark to set her sights on a professional aviation career. You guys made a difference!

In addition to Mallory, we had 4 other highly qualified candidates, 2 of whom are in our build class. Morgan Whitaker from last year and Dustin Dillon from this year. I wish we had enough funds to sponsor them too.

If you see any of these fine students, let them know how proud we are of their accomplishments.

Following is a post that Mallory made to her Facebook page.

-Joe Waltz

Mallory%20Rhodes_Ray%20Aviation%20Scholorship-X2.jpg

Wow, congratulations to you all Ernie, and especially the scholarship winner!! I was flying with Bruce the other day and he was telling me all about the great things happening in the Eagle’s Nest. It is so great to see this. Thank you for what you are all doing for the next generation and for our sport aviation community!

Congratulation Mallory and all the directors and mentors at Montgomery. Can't wait to meet everyone at AirVenture 2019.

Wisconsin Eagle's Nest Program

Back