What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Current/Past Builders in San Francisco Bay Area

joerea

I'm New Here
Hi everybody,

I am an Austrian private pilot who has been living and flying (out of KRHV) in the San Francisco Bay Area for the last 1,5 years. As I have been reading and thinking a lot about building an RV in the past I would like to take soon a decision whether to actually do it or not.

Does anybody know a RV builder (current or past build project) in the San Francisco Bay area?

I can offer to:
- help him/her for some hours (also ok if it is just handing over clecos) to understand what it is like to build one
- supply some beer :)

I would appreciate getting to know the tools (also about noise, sample workshop and sample work schedules.

Thanks,

Joerg

KHAF

Hi Joerg,

I'm 2/3rd's the way through my RV-7 build and would be happy to acquaint you with the requisite equipment to get the job done.

We're moving into fall, so KHAF's legendary fog will dissipate to allow intrepid flyers into our lovely field (free pick up service available). Or, you can brave HWY-92 and come via the land route.

I would love to give you a tour (and bier is always appreciated! ;-)

Give me a PM!

Last edited:
Hi Joerg,

I have a completed RV-10 in KLVK. You're welcome to come up here and try your hand at riveting some scrap, hear the compressor (it IS loud), etc.
Send me a PM.

Bob

Thanks

Hey everybody,

I knew this is was an awesome and live forum and it really is. :)
Your responses are greatly appreciated and I will contact you via PM to setup a visit.

Thanks and have a great day!

Joerg

Hi Joerg,

I have a flying RV-4 and a (non-RV) build project in my hangar at Hayward and am a previous RV builder.

I have the RV build tools, so you're welcome to try them out on a practice piece.

Usually in residence at KHWD over the weekend.

Joerg

There are 3 completed RVs on row L in hangars, including mine. PM me and I can meet you out there.

Plus our EAA chapter meets out there monthly and at least a coup,e of the guys are building RVs I think.

Back