What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Great job on the NASCAR flyover in Kansas today

azrv6

Well Known Member
Great air to air video footage of the RV flyover at the Kansas NASCAR race today on ESPN. I thought I had it recording, but didn't. But here is reaction by people on twitter:

flyover-10-6-2013.png

flyover

KC Flight did a great job. It's really nice to see RVs dong the flyover for NASCAR. Good job fellows!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Job!

I saw that today too and I was proud. I did, however, have a question. Was the RV flyover planned or did the government shutdown negate a military aircraft fly-over?

Mr

I saw that today too and I was proud. I did, however, have a question. Was the RV flyover planned or did the government shutdown negate a military aircraft fly-over?

The flyover was on the books for some time and not affiliated with the recent government shutdown.

Next weekend, KC Flight will be hosting a "large" flyover at Arrowhead Stadium - Chiefs vs. Raiders supporting breast cancer awareness. RVs from all over the country will fly in to Kansas City to be a part of the flyover. Stay tuned and keep your fingers crossed for good weather. It's going to be a great event.

Boomer

The flyover was on the books for some time and not affiliated with the recent government shutdown.

Next weekend, KC Flight will be hosting a "large" flyover at Arrowhead Stadium - Chiefs vs. Raiders supporting breast cancer awareness. RVs from all over the country will fly in to Kansas City to be a part of the flyover. Stay tuned and keep your fingers crossed for good weather. It's going to be a great event.

Boomer

Sounds like a new Guinness Record attempt for the largest civilian close formation and LOTS of Pink smoke.

Yesterday over the Kansas Speedway

5x4p.jpg

Thought you all might like to see what it looked like from the #2 position.

We were over the speedway as the anthem ended and the fireworks started. BeeGee was on time again.

fly over

You all did a great job.....I envy you. What an honor!!! RVs and NASCAR have been two of my favorite things for many years.

More RV Formation Flyovers

Glad to hear it. I look forward to seeing more RV flyovers. The photo is awesome. :D

smoke canister...must be $$$$$$$$$$?

Keith, does lead have a smoke canister mounted to his wing? Looks like it.

Best,

Yes, curious about those. Saw the guys trying to extinguish one at Reno, after the Jelly Belly deadstick performance..... seemed they just squirted a tiny shot of water into the butt end....several times! :)
Do you need a special license to acquire or use them?

Looking real good!

I always look at these closer now that we have had a dose or two of formation flight. Nice job all the way around! And on time too..... who'da thunk it :)

Hope you guys get to make it back down to the Pine Bluff Clinic next month! Should be a good time!

Bill

Yes, mounted to his wing

Pierre:

I apologize for taking so long to respond. I got busy at work and on preparations for the Guinness World Record Formation Flyover scheduled for this Sunday. It will be over the Kansas City Chiefs vs. Oakland Raiders game this Sunday at noon CDT. The flyover is scheduled for 11:59am CDT, as the anthem ends.

We are anticipating at least 45 airplanes in the formation, possibly more. At least 42 of us will have these wingtip brackets with smoke canisters on each wing. We use these when we need colored smoke. So far we have burned red, white, blue, yellow, black, purple and pink for various events. The canisters last for at least two minutes, sometimes up to three minutes.

This Sunday is for the BCA day in the NFL and we will all be trailing pink smoke.

no license for us.

We haven't been required to have a license. Sometimes the cardboard does smoulder after the smoke ends. The canister does get hot. With the windstream, the heat and smoke of course ( I know you know this already:)) carry away from us. When we land we all help each other check our planes and we have support on the ground as well, standing by with water.

Someone post it on Youtube

the Guinness World Record Formation Flyover scheduled for this Sunday. It will be over the Kansas City Chiefs vs. Oakland Raiders game this Sunday at noon CDT. The flyover is scheduled for 11:59am CDT, as the anthem ends.

I will be flying the Pawnee towing gliders at that time. Can someone post a vid on Youtube of this flight? I could record it on the DVR but this game is on a premium DirectTV channel that I don't pay for. (I'm too cheap):(

Back