What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tow Bar Recommendation

I have the Bogert RV-10 tow bar and would NOT recommend it for a couple of reasons.

- The pin holding the handle on falls out easily
- You must be very careful when 'unloading' it from the open position. It has a lot of clamping force and can snap shut and damage the wheel pant.

I have the Bogert RV-10 tow bar and would NOT recommend it for a couple of reasons.

- The pin holding the handle on falls out easily
- You must be very careful when 'unloading' it from the open position. It has a lot of clamping force and can snap shut and damage the wheel pant.

I agree here. Never cared much for the Bogert on my RV-10 either and went with the MUCH cheaper AS&S tow bar for my RV-9A. A little modification with a latch to engage once its on to keep it there instead of relying on the spring.

I have that Bogert bar for my RV9A. I can NOT for the life of me understand how that thing could cost $225. I've had to modify it, and I find myself having to tighten the bolts fairly often, and replace the pin on more than one occasion. If I were to buy another one, I'd have one welded up by my metal guy for less than half the price.

Last edited:
Back