What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Condition inspection retiming

rjcthree

Well Known Member
Is retiming the condition inspection as simple as picking a new date inside the current period and doing the work? My CI is scheduled during beautiful flying weather, and I?d like to move it to crappier weather time.

Well, not exactly that simple.

If your CI is due in June and you want to shift it to December, you have three options.
1. Stop flying after June and perform the CI in December.
2. Complete the CI on the first day of July sign you logbooks on 7/1. Keep rolling it one month until you get to where you want it.
3. Perform your CI early, during the month you want it.

Sure you can.

AS long as you do it before the end of the 12 calendar months from it's last inspection. I am doing one now and the last one was done it March of this year.
This one will be good tell the end of December next year. You get the idea. We don't wait for one to come up do, for the most part. I just pick out a good time in the next 12 months to shut her down for a week and then do it. Mostly when the weather is going to be bad for three or four days or I know a long trip is coming up and I want to be sure everything is double checked.
Just what we have found that works for us. Yours, R.E.A. III # 80888

Back