What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vent system

N804RV

Well Known Member
I recently bought a vent kit with the intention of providing eyeball vents for front and back seats via the NACA scoops in each wing.

Now that I have the fuselage kit, I see there is another vent kit included with it. How have others set up their vent systems? Do you use 4 NACA scoops and 4 eyeball vents?

I added a second naca for the rear seat. I have two eye-ball vents next to the rear stick(one from each wing). I placed them in a way that I can reach behind me and open/close/position the vents. I just started flying, and it's cold in CO right now, I've not used them yet.

Me too.

We used the stock system, but did replace the plastic Van's registers with the up graded metal ones that close off a lot better. Hope this helps, Yours, R.E.A. III # 80888

Vent

I used the standard locations for the Vents, upgraded the plastic Eyeballs to the metal ones. The work great at regulating the airflow and look much better than the plastic ones. Your plane costs tens of thousands, use the good looking ones.

Back