What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Got my airworthiness

panhandler1956

Well Known Member
The FAA came out today and deemed 'Contrary Mary' airworthy! Just some minor safety wire squawks. Hoping to fly her this weekend!

FP11082011A00022.jpg

also, i notice you split the colors on your spinner too.

we did the same thing, hope it works to repel birds and looks cool under power, or both!

Congratulations

Five years! Big congrats for sure.

BTW...if I may ask...is there a REAL "Contrary Mary?"

Best,

Congrats Brent!
She looks beautiful.
I've been following your build for quite some time; it's exciting to see it to completion.
Good luck on your first flight.

Good job Brent!:D
I'm sure some of the Rats would be willing to meet you half way during your test period. What radius did you get?

Jon

Congratulations!

Way to go Brent! I've been using your website to work through all the intricacies of a standard build fuselage - thanks for all the help. Blue Skies and good luck on your flight testing.

Congrats Fellow Buckeye

Congrats on your progress from a former Buckeye (Parma, Oh).

Hope your first flight and test program goes well. I am not far behind you. Maybe just a few weeks.....maybe

ps Reading your builders log online and if the Jim Baldwin you mention is one in the same, (he used to frequent the Wadsworth, OH airport) he was the guy that gave me my first RV ride in his RV-6 approx. 12-15 years ago. Tell him he cost me a lot of time and money and I still appreciate it ;)
(hope he got his check from Van's intro flight program, many years ago)

Congratulations Brent!!! I'll be in CMH for recurrent training starting this Sunday so look me up if you're wandering down the halls. Have a safe and fun 1st flight!!!

Thanks everyone!! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Five years! Big congrats for sure.

BTW...if I may ask...is there a REAL "Contrary Mary?"

Best,
Pierre,
Yes the real 'Contrary Mary' is my youngest daughter (6 now). It also is inspired by a checkerboard nose Mustang from the war by that same name.

Good job Brent!:D
I'm sure some of the Rats would be willing to meet you half way during your test period. What radius did you get?

Jon

Jon,
I have 75 miles around Buckeye Executive so I can't get too close, but you guys are always welcome up here. I plan to come see you guys when I get out of phase 1!

Congratulations Brent. Is today the day?? (Saturday). Weather looks good. Have fun. Maybe Mutha and I can come up this next week if you're around and have a look. He should be getting his tornadoed -8 out of the paint shop at Grimes soon.

Wheel Pants

Hey, I saw the first flight video! congrats!!! I'm in the process of restoring an old 6 that's polished and I was wondering what paint you used on your wheel pants? They look like metal in the video...

Back