What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Taylorsville, GA Pig Cook 2010

JDRhodes

Well Known Member
Saturday April 24, 2010.

A couple hundred friends and neighbors, a couple hundred pounds of prime pig, old cars, old tractors, do-nothing machines, and of course RVs (and other airplanes).

I loose track of how many this is, but it's the xx annual Rhodes Fly-In Pig Cook in Taylorsville, GA.

Air strip is located halfway between Cartersville, (VPC) and Cedartown (4A4), near the BIG powerplant. From VPC, follow the 4 lane hwy (GA-113) about 8 miles west. Our srtip is a mile north of the highway, just north of the tracks, and just south of a large sod farm w/ circular irragation.

Runway is East - West, 2,000 feet, grass. Unless the wind is really blowing, land to the west and take-off to the east. Right traffic on landing.

Lunch will be at noon - bring a side dish to share, if you can easily transport it. Come and go whatever time you please. Plenty of camping spots available Friday night, as well. We start cooking BBQ Friday afternoon, so there's plenty going on.

RVer's invited!

Maybe this time...

Jeff,

I am looking forward to getting there. Bad weather messed up the last one for us. The event is on my Outlook calendar.

gonna bump this back up

All night BBQ cooking on Friday night followed by airplanes and BBQ EATING at noon on Saturday.
Rhodes Field - Taylorsville, GA (approx. 8 miles SW of KVPC - Cartersville Airport)
2,000 ft grass - land to the west / TO to the east (winds permitting)

Call or PM Jeff Rhodes (JDRhodes) with questions or for details.
770-547-9676

Plenty of camping space available on Friday night. You can choose to be close to the all night BBQ action, or we can put you at the far corner of the property, if you prefer quiet.

Rhodes Field BBQ this weekend

To market, to market, to buy a fresh hog.
Parking area - mowed
Runway will be mowed later this week, so it'll be fresh.
Hickory logs - split / stacked

I love the smell of smoked pigs and 100LL in the morning.

I'm heading that way at 2pm tomorrow, with lots of stops, direction changes, and equipment changes along the way. Looking forward to eating some BBQ and logging some Hangar time over a long weekend!

CDE

Once again, my wife's big non-profit event of the year is co-scheduled with the Taylorsville BBQ. So instead of flying on Saturday, eating some BBQ and sharing lies, I'll be the (un)hired help at an all day charity event.

Someone eat an extra sammich for me...

Back