What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Waypoints

My RV10 is finally flying in Brazil and I'll tell you, I'm VERY impressed with what Garmin accomplished with G3X. The system is really powerfull and its integration with the GX autopilot is awesome.

The only problem I had with the system after 7.5 hrs of flying is that a couple of times a saved and active flight plan in G3X (I don?t have external navigators) lost one or two waypoints (user ones) without any type of interference from my side during flight or in the ramp, after activated.

Have you guys seen this type of problem before (either in G3X or in 696's) ? Any idea of what could be causing it ?

The only thing I can imagine is that the internal memory is so full that somehow the system don't have cache or something similar. The user waypoint memory is close to full as we included all visual corridors we have in the large terminals in Brazil.

Any ideas here will be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Flavio

Hello Flavio,

Glad you are enjoying your new panel. I'd like to get some additional information from you to help narrow down what is happening, so I'll send you an email and we can discuss offline.

thanks,
- Matt

Back