What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airplane "hatches" and moves to hangar

Kentsrv7a

Well Known Member
After 8 years of slow building my bird saw the light of day and made the move to its new home at KPHF in Newport News, VA. The process was smooth and simple using the 21 ft rollback transport truck. Only a few traffic backups as we made our way 7 miles to the airport at 25 mph. My driver was extremely careful and took great care of my project. I was very pleased with this method rather than using a trailer because so many drivers were busy gawking and not paying attention to where they are heading! It was much safer to have the aircraft several feet off the ground and away from any cars that may have decided to get too close. Now to trim the rear spars and start fitting the wings!

IMG_5134.jpg

IMG_5136.jpg

IMG_5148.jpg

IMG_5168.jpg

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job Kent.

Got a good start on the "RV Grin" already it looks like.

Always a celebration.

These milestones are self-motivating!...the light at the end of the tunnel.:)

Congratulations,

Hampton Roads RV Builder's Posse

Go Kent go!
I'm 2 weeks into my QB fuselage, and having you and your ride just down the road is a huge motivator. :cool:

Nice Kent, now you just have to get-er-done at the airport. You'll miss being able to just walk out of the kitchen and into the garage, even if just to think about it :cool:

Back