What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Windshield/Canopy clearance

Gap Clearance

Hi Ron,

There isn't a set gap limit, but I would think anything up to 3/8" would be fine. I have about 1/4" gap on my 8 with a 2 1/2 wide metal bezel going over the top. It seals up nicely when closed...

Rubber Seal

Hi Ron,

There isn't a set gap limit, but I would think anything up to 3/8" would be fine. I have about 1/4" gap on my 8 with a 2 1/2 wide metal bezel going over the top. It seals up nicely when closed...

I will be getting to my windscreen soon so this post is timely and prompted some questions of my own.

Do you have a rubber weather along the gap where the canopy comes up top the roll bar.

Also how did you finish the bezel. I am gong to fiberglass mine and I know getting in and out there is potential for this to get abused, how thin and edge does one finish this?

Thanks

How much gap between windshield and canopy plexiglass when closed? Thanks for any help.

I don't have much of a gap as I made a psuedo gap seal using the Sika leftovers. I covered the conopy frame tube then globbed Sika in the gap between the roll bar and the windscreen frame then closed the canopy. Yes I prayed my most fervent prayer that Sika wouldn't seal my canopy shut.

Honestly it doesn't look as good as I'd like as I tried smooting it with my finger via a second application.

I made the windscreen frame deep enough to cover the canopy frame tube when the canopy was closed.
Don

Back