What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim tab Block

bkthomps

Well Known Member
Anyone have the wood they used to bend/fold the trim tab and left elevator? I am having trouble without a bandsaw in creating an accurate block set to do this

050926_003.jpg

that little trim tab is painful

just cut the bendover tabs off and make 2 little ribs to replace them.

also, I would just go buy a Delta, aka cheapo, bandsaw. They are just tooo handy to do without.

heck they only cost $ 100

I'd love to offer advice, but ... it was so long ago that I don't remember anymore how I did it! :D

that little trim tab is painful

just cut the bendover tabs off and make 2 little ribs to replace them.

also, I would just go buy a Delta, aka cheapo, bandsaw. They are just tooo handy to do without.

heck they only cost $ 100

where do you source the $100 bandsaw? I couldn't find any on amazon.com

check lowes

where do you source the $100 bandsaw? I couldn't find any on amazon.com

I bought a cheapo Ryobi bandsaw at Lowes. can't remember the exact price, but I'm sure it was under $150. No problems so far and I use it all the time. Make sure you buy a metal cutting blade...the blade it comes with will chew up your aluminum.

I bought it as a return item at the Home Depot

I don't recall exactly the price, but it wasn't much over $100.

Get a bandsaw...

Yep, You will be very happy to have made a bandsaw purchase in the future. You can get one for $100@ home depot. Check Harbor Freight as well. Frankly, I consider it a "Must Have" tool for building an RV.;) Get a metal blade for $10, I went through 3 of them in the build.
*Tip-Use a wax candle as a lubricate on the blade before use.

bought a bandsaw, still struggling with trimtab, ended up removing the tab on the elevator and now i'm trying to make a rib to put in there

Back