What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Utah Aerobatics

polkaking27

I have a 200 HP RV-8 in Salt Lake and I'm dying to learn some basic gentleman aerobatics so I can play around on my own. I've had a really hard time finding anyone that is competent/willing/able to teach me the ropes. Is there anyone in Utah that would be willing to teach me some basics either in my airplane or yours. Message me if you have any suggestions or are in the area. Also, I'd love to meet some other folks in the area with an RV. I got mine a little over a year ago, and haven't had a chance to meet anyone or make it to the local EAA meetings.

Thanks

Utah Aerobatics/social connections

I have a RV8 based at U42. 440 hours and counting.

The local EAA chapter 23 meets every Saturday at Apollo burger in Bountiful at 11:30 AM for lunch. 26 folks were there a couple of weeks ago when I attended.

I have a friend that took me up a couple of times and showed me the aileron roll, loop, hammerhead and snap roll.

Send me a private message for more info.

Pilot Makers in Heber City does aerobatic training: https://pilotmakers.com/training/
Not in an RV, but will get you used to getting upside down.

I did my aerobatic training in a Pitts, then did some in a Starduster before finishing my RV. Didn't find doing them in the RV with just that experience difficult. Yes, the RV does speed up more on the down lines, but it isn't really that big a deal if you're competent in the basics.

I'm in Provo, have done a bit of aerobatics in my 8A, but still only on 30 of my 40 hour test period so can't take you up in mine. Also I'm probably too heavy (230 lbs) to be under aerobatic weight with both of us in yours.

I fly out of Heber City and own an RV-14. I am a flight instructor with experience in teaching aerobatics.

Back