What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cheap clecos

RVhopeful

I'm New Here
I am in the process of buying my tools in preperation of building my first kit. I know that aircraft spruce has them for $0.43 each but I saw them on sale a few weeks ago for $0.39 each. I have forgotten what the website was. If you know the website or of anyplaces that are cheaper then that, I would love to know.
Thanks
Fred Rideout

Be carefull about the brand of the cleco's. I forget the brand but there is one brand out there that everyone hates because they fall out of a dimpled hole.

Seems the ones that have the problem are Cleco-loc and Kwik-loc. I think these are the ones ACS sells so be carefull of the brand.

I have all Wedge-loc and they work great! These are what Van's sells and they seem to have the best price.

Oh, and get about 20 of the black ones 5/32 I think. These are needed when you have holes drilled for #8 screws before you get the nutplates installed.

Last edited:
Brown Tools

I bought another 200 #40's and 100 #30's from Brown Tools about a week ago. They had the best price I could find buying lots of 100's (.36 each). I even got free shipping because I spent over $85.

Cleco

If you buy a 100 or more from Spruce they give you a 15% discount which is 36.55 cents each. I have never found a reason to buy less than 100. You can never have enough clecos.
Aaron

Having bought lots of clecoes at several different times, I ended up with several different brands. I haven't found any brand to be particularly better or worse than any other and none have fallen out of the holes except when they lose one of the side pins.

Brown sometimes puts them on sale at a very good price.

Brands

Having bought lots of clecoes at several different times, I ended up with several different brands. I haven't found any brand to be particularly better or worse than any other and none have fallen out of the holes except when they lose one of the side pins.

Brown sometimes puts them on sale at a very good price.

My old ATS ones are poor... they don't fit standard pliers well and have weaker springs.

The "Wedgelock" ones I have (bought at a different time) work well. They can be distinguished in my cleco bin by being shorter, even though they have better springs.

The brands do differ.... the above comparison is true for both 3/32 and 1/8 clecos.

gil A

Wally's 2 cents

Wally at Synergy Air told me to buy Cleveland tools clecos, not sure the brand they sell, but I plan to stick to his recommendations.

Cleaveland and Avery

I bought my kit from Cleaveland and it came with 'Wedge-Loc' clecos. Also bought some 'Monogram' brand clecos from Avery. Both are made in the US and work well.

I've got the Monogram, they work well. The only problem I have so far is that I need more.

Have used from three sources

I have gotten clecos from Cleveland, Brown and ATS. The ones I got from ATS seem to have been the worse of the bunch. You have to decide who you want to buy from and what price you are willing to pay. We can only offer suggestions and what has worked for us.

Back