What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon/Advanced Service Bulletin - Kavlico Pressure Sensors

Solved!

Bruce,
Make sure you didn't select the differential selection on the fuel pressure sensor in sensor input mapping. There are two with the same part number one diff and one not.

Bingo! I had selected the DIFF sensor definition. I changed that and did a run up and everything is back to the usual values.

I would highly recommend that anyone with these older style Kavlico senders replace them.
I have been monitoring mine since the service bulletin came out before each flight with no leaks showing.
But today 20 minutes into flight my skyview announced that I had no fuel pressure and the big ❌ appeared. Everything seemed fine , I monitored my other engine instruments including fuel quantity and all was fine so just thought an electrical fault. However 30 minutes later I got very strong fuel smell and on landing and decowling, found quite a lot of fuel stain on the left hand side of the engine compartment and noticed fuel dripping from the transducer.
When I turned fuel pump on and inspected there was a lot of fuel coming out of the inside of the sender where it plugs in to the electrical plug.
Lesson learned is I should have replaced when service bulletin made us aware of a potential issue, I thought continued inspection would suffice as engine only has 126 hours on it and was installed back in 2019.

Back