What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rv-10 transition training Minnesota

bryanflood

Well Known Member
Hello all,

I am almost finished with an RV-10 I have been working on for a while. The insurance company wants me to get 2 hours in type with an instructor. I see on Van's web site that transition trainers are on the east and west coast, but none close to my house in Minnesota. Does anyone know someone in the Mid-West that can do transition training in an RV-10? I'm sure that it will be different than the 2 place RV I have been flying for the last 15 years, excited for the opportunity to learn how to fly this new plane.

Thanks!

Bryan

Tim Olson (TimO here) was offering it in his -10, not sure if he still is (insurance cost). He’s up in your neck of the woods. He also has and was or is doing it in his -14A, if that’s an acceptable alternative for your insurance company.

Still active?

Tom Berge was excellent but I don't know if he's still active. Here's his contact info.

RV Transition LLC
10030 Southshore Dr
Plymouth, MN 55441
Phone: 612-418-9500
Email: [email protected]

I got a cheep ticket down to DFW and flew a few hours with Alex Dominicis.
Very thorough, went through everything, normals, emergencies, lots of landings with and without flaps, etc. Went over the "first flight stuff".
And we got it done even with Covid.
He has a website at www.rvtraining.com
Lloyd

Hello all,

I am almost finished with an RV-10 I have been working on for a while. The insurance company wants me to get 2 hours in type with an instructor. I see on Van's web site that transition trainers are on the east and west coast, but none close to my house in Minnesota. Does anyone know someone in the Mid-West that can do transition training in an RV-10? I'm sure that it will be different than the 2 place RV I have been flying for the last 15 years, excited for the opportunity to learn how to fly this new plane.

Thanks!

Bryan

I was sort of in the same dilemma, but contacted my insurance provider and they bought off on me getting a check out with a local, non-CFI that had 500 plus hours in the RV-10. They said no problem. I guess my experience convinced them that was OK. The 10 is a breeze to fly. You will have no problems:).......

Thanks

Thanks for all the helpful responses! I will keep up the search for more local options.

Bryan

Back