What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Black Hills Airport

ExtraKatana

Well Known Member
Anyone that has flown into the black hills for several days recommend an airport that has car rental and easy access to the area? Have been in to Rapid City before but how about Custer or SpearFish?

Last edited:
My experience

I fly into Spearfish frequently during the summer. Call Laura at Eagle Aviation to check on car rentals, hangar and pilot rate at Holiday Inn. And they do have mechanics on site if you have an issue. I have been very pleased when dealing with them. Check them out.

Custer

Flew into Custer a few weeks ago to visit Mount Rushmore. Call the airport manager for the name of the local guy that has rental cars. Was a little nervous renting a car from the airport manager’s buddy but worked out great. Dropped and picked up the car at the airport. He left the keys in the FBO as we arrived after hours. Fair price. He has several used cars including a convertible BMW and one of those 3 wheeled things that looks like Batman’s snowmobile but on wheels.

Be sure and eat junkberry pie at the Purple Pie Place. And touring Mount Rushmore was well worth it and close.

We have flown into Hot Springs and rented the courtesy car there for $20 a day. Just call the airport manager and he will reserve it for you.

Back