What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ramona

Mike6A

Well Known Member
Need transportation in Ramona. Flying in Saturday and And leaving Sunday. need a ride to the hotel and winery. Anybody have a car that they want to rent. Called Enterprise but they are closed on the weekends.
Thanks
Mike. 7142305403

Ground Transportation

Uber or Lyft is probably the best way to get to and from the airport these days.

There used to be a cab company (one car) here in Ramona. Try calling 760-789-0489 (according to a quick google search).

I used to have a spare car, but it is gone... If you get stuck, give me a call and I can probably get you where you need to go. I'll PM you my number.

Have you tried calling Derick at Pacific Executive Aviation? They used to have a Maroon colored SUV used as a curtesy car. Buy Fuel for car and plane though!:)

not so easy

Ramona is beautiful. Transportation is NOT
I stop there with the RV when the coast is fogged in. Have resorted to a folding bicycle or electric scooter board at times.... to get to the hotel (which is at the farthest point from the airport) in town.
I even stopped at a coffee shop one morning to beg for a ride. I offered to pay some old farts (I am one too) for a ride. They laughed and said they ain't going to Lindberg field... While trying to explain that they have a "little" airport nearby... they faded out and ignored me. I stuck my thumb out that morning and got a lift. Uber isn't worth it to locals, and I understand that.
Glad an RVer stepped up. Gives me faith in our species, which is lacking some days.

Back