What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need part number for brake pads

Mdragon

I’m trying to order the backing plates for the brake pads for the RV9. Anyone?

Also, if someone has the file that has all the parts numbers and blueprints I could really use it. Just bought an RV9 and trying to get basic maintenance parts on hand.

What system do you have? Cleveland? Single puck, double puck? Do you need brake PAD numbers or backing plates?

Plans

You can purchase plans for your 9 from Van’s $10 on a thumb drive.

Obviously the backing plates are riveted to the pad. Likely you have Matco brakes. Wheels are 5:00 x 5 . A call to Vans support can likely give you a part number for backing plate. You should verify brand of your brakes, previous owner builder could have used something different. Enjoy tinkering with your 9!

If you have the Matco brakes, you can get backing plates with pads already riveted on (SWFT-1E, about $86 a set) or buy just the linings and do it yourself (WHLBRL-1, about $36 per set). The website is a little frustrating, for sure.

http://www.matcomfg.com/RelineKitsSwiftline-tp2-12.html

Matco has a re-line service, but a lot of us like to have a complete extra set of backing plates/linings. I've got the fresh ones already prepped and can just change them out when lining wear dictates.

I changed out the caliper pistons and O-rings at about 400 hours. With no dust seal, the edges of the pistons get chipped up and eroded after a while. Very inexpensive to do ...pistons are $6 apiece and O-rings even less.

Last edited:
Look at the model number on the brake caliper. That will give you the manufacture name serial number etc..(Cleveland, model 30-10) as an example. Then go to aircraft spruce and look up that number. Thay will show you a parts list and scamatic. Should be ez from there to get what you need.

Hope this helps
RD

Back