What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon ADAHRS Mount for -14s

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
My QB wings came with the ADAHRS mount already installed. But, I cannot find any instructions for actually mounting the Dynon ADAHRS 200 module and following my nose isn't working very well. Does anyone have a photo of what the Dynon looks like when installed?

Below is what I see when looking into the inspection access from the leading edge looking aft. Dark, I know.

ADAHRS Mount.jpg

You might consider mounting the ADAHARS modules across the longerons in the fuselage aft of the baggage compartment. This location will ensure lateral balance, ease of access and close proximity to static ports. The only issue was interference with the steel shoulder harness cables. I replaced these with stainless cables and have had 500 trouble free hours.
https://i.postimg.cc/CK5c2YZ8/20191103-143628-1.jpg

Last edited:
Another Option: Dynon FastTrack Module

I don't know how far a long is your avionic installation but you may want to consider the new Dynon Fastrack module that has all the essential avionics such as ADHARS mounted just behind the HDX display. This option was announced at Sun-n-Fun and I would have chosen this route to make the DIY avionics installation even easier. This options also simplifies the wiring runs since many of the avionics are located close together.

https://dynonavionics.com/fasttrack-essentials.php

Attachments

• capture.png
    capture.png
    186 KB · Views: 53
I suggest you just use the very simple but nice wing mount and avoid the need to add a remote magnetometer (I believe using the fast track deal requires adding the remote magnetometer). Get the equally simple Dynon ADHARS doubler plate to mount the second ADHARS module with the first in the same wing bracket..

Carl

I suggest you just use the very simple but nice wing mount and avoid the need to add a remote magnetometer (I believe using the fast track deal requires adding the remote magnetometer). Get the equally simple Dynon ADHARS doubler plate to mount the second ADHARS module with the first in the same wing bracket..

Carl

That is my plan. But i cant figure out how the Dynon ADAHRS attaches to the mount.

The Dynon ADHRS slides into the mount. See plans 20-3, figure 3.

This might help - the ADHRS slides under the two Retainers marked A, and then is captured inside the clip marked B.

Attachments

• 4683220D-2B61-46B9-9B5D-B0B643D9FCFE.jpeg
    4683220D-2B61-46B9-9B5D-B0B643D9FCFE.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Back