What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Roll pin for gas cap?

Ed_Wischmeyer

Well Known Member
I've got an old RV gas cap where the roll pin has broken and gone astray. (This is the hinge pin, effectively, for the tab in the center of the gas cap).

Anybody have a part number and source for same?

Thanks

Drill bit shank is a bit stronger, and may not break. I replaced both of mine before they broke. I don?t remember the number drill bit I used, but it must have been near 1/16?.

1/16" stainless welding rod. Cut a couple of extras and put them in your flight kit.

Last edited:
I went to my nail can. Found the correct diameter and cut to length. The nail has lasted longer than the original pin.

Use Krytox lube and you may never break another pin.

I have 14 months of time on the original application and it still works like butter in all temps. No resistance, no leak, and no need to press the pin in when opening as it does not stick.

Use Krytox lube and you may never break another pin.

I have 14 months of time on the original application and it still works like butter in all temps. No resistance, no leak, and no need to press the pin in when opening as it does not stick.

+1. Expensive stuff but works great! Little is required so it lasts. Works great for TW swivel and pins as well. Gas caps are still smooth and free after about 400 fillups in the last 32 months.

Gas cap roll pin

I have used the roll pins from the aviation department of Ace Hardware. They work well. the drill bits also work well, however you can buy a lot or roll pins for the price of one drill bit.

Back