What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint Shop Recommendations

RV7 Heaven

Patron
I need to have my RV-7 painted. I am looking for recommendations. I am located in Florida. I am currently looking at having it painted at Glo Aircraft Painting in Texas. Does anyone have any experience with them or any recommendations for a good paint shop?

Glo aircraft painting (Mark King) painted my last RV8. They did a very nice job - I won an Outstanding Workmanship award with it at Sun N Fun 2019. My current, and final RV6 is in a paint shop right now near me at Warren County Airport - Lebanon, OH. I didn’t have to wait too long to get it in their shop. So far it looks like they’re doing a good job.

GLO painted my RV-14A in 2019 and I could not have been happier. In fact, it was selected as “Ms. March” for the 2020 Sherwin Williams Aerospace Coatings Calendar. :D

Last edited:
Evoke +1

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Evoke has painted more award-winning airframes than the next 3 put together over the last 5 years. I was blown away with his attention to detail. Last I heard there was a 2+ year backlog. Great folks to work with.

No one better than Evoke

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Evoke has painted more award-winning airframes than the next 3 put together over the last 5 years. I was blown away with his attention to detail. Last I heard there was a 2+ year backlog. Great folks to work with.

Without a doubt. They did my (now former) RV-7 four years ago, we won a few awards and it still looks like new today. My RV-10 goes to them in April.

I don't know if Jonathan has any openings in his schedule - but the current list shows that Signature Series #182 is scheduled for dropoff 03/08/2027.

Last edited:
I would like to give a recommendation but I’m not allowed. I can say that I painted my own RV-8A in a pro facility.

Back