What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuelflow sensor location

Megaulf

I have a TMX-I0-360 180hp from Mattituck and have been trying to find out a good place to locate the fuelflow sensor for the Grand Rapids. I called Van's, Mattituck and Gran Rapids and got different suggestions. I would appreicate some more input to clear up my confusion.

Ulf RV8A Peachtree City GA

Ulf,
You might check out the following two links. Although not specifically applicable to your equipment, the information provided may be helpful to you, in addition to what we discussed on the phone the other day.

http://www.buy-ei.com/Wiring Diagrams/EI FM-Flow Installation Instructions & Wiring Diagram.pdf

and also

http://www.jpinstruments.com/700-800_FF_install.PDF

Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at you own risk."

Flo scan mounting

I had the same question for my EIS 4000 flo scan and decided to mount mine on the floor about 12" from the firewall. I am running a carb and I relocated my facet pump from the firewall underneath the fuel selector similiar to the F.I. folks. I also put an EZ flow filter in line to the boost pump on a modified F.I. pump base from Van's. I ditched the gascolator and ran the fuel tubing through the firewall directly to the engine fuel pump via a fabbed up aeroquip hose.

Many folks suggested placing the flo scan in the engine room, but keeping it out of the heat seemed like a better option to me as many F.I. guys are doing the same. You will have to make a little cover to conceal the flo scan as it will stick up above the center tunnel a bit.

Jeff

I also prefer keeping the transducer on the "cooler" side of the firewall. Mine is mounted half way between the selector and the boost pump on the floor next to the left side wall (RV-6). Been working fine for 12 years.
Mel...DAR

Back