What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plasma III help

p51dplt

Well Known Member
I installed a single Plasma III system per the instructions with harnesses supplied by them. I have it running to my key switch and can only get a spark at the coil when I switch from the left to right position during key rotation. I cannot get a spark with the key in any position and rotating the prop as per their instructions.

Has any one else had issues like this? Any ideas??

Thanks,

The switch should just be interrupting power to the box. Is power making it to the brain box?

As I recall, you need to pull a set of plugs out, and fling the prop as hard as you can to get the rotational speed up for the sensor to work--------just simply passing the magnet past the pickup is not enough.

As I recall, you need to pull a set of plugs out, and fling the prop as hard as you can to get the rotational speed up for the sensor to work--------just simply passing the magnet past the pickup is not enough.

Actually you can just rock the prop back and forth across tdc and get an arc off at the coil with the wires off the coil.

To the OP, It sounds like your box is functioning properly and you have a simple wiring problem. Key switches are about grounding. As I recall, one of the pins on the output connector uses the key switch option pulling ground to kill the box. You should be checking this pin operation to your key switch and verify its working properly across the carious key positions.

It was the wiring. I had the shield grounded to the incorrect lug. Changed that over and, presto!

Thanks for the help.

Back