What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AMP Connector source

Rallylancer122

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

Are there any good sources out there for the 3 pin AMP connectors and pins (sometimes referred to as Molex connectors but really they are from AMP) used in the Whelen power supplies and strobes? Spruce and the usual suspects have them but they are kinda spendy and I'd really like a kit or assortment as my Dad used them all over the plane. Ebay had some 10 packs but they come on the slow boat and was hoping to find something quicker.

Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking a generic source for these.

Thanks!

Dennis Martin

Dennis ... Give Mouser Electronics a try. Mouser has a vast inventory of electrical connectors, pins, ect.

Last edited:
Give Digikey.com a try. They are not all that far from you in Thief River Falls, MN. I did a quick search for 3pos rectangular housings from one of the AMP companies and there are 77 varieties to choose from. They are inexpensive, cheap flat rate overnight shipping and are the best company I have ever dealt with for anything. My go to choice for most anything electric.

Fry's

Last time I needed these things I just walked into the local Fry's Electronics and bought them over the counter. Hmm, Fry's might be just a local Southern California thing.

Last time I needed these things I just walked into the local Fry's Electronics and bought them over the counter. Hmm, Fry's might be just a local Southern California thing.

A high density area thing. I discovered one in Portland, like heaven for electronics stuff, what Radio Shack should have developed into.

DigiKey and Mouser both have great access the problem is finding what you have. So-download the Molex catalog and if through the details for what you want, then verify it through the data sheets from the electronics supply. I think you want the .083" diameter terminals.

View attachment molex-487566.pdf

My certified airframe makes use of these same connectors FWF, arguably a bad choice; all have been replaced and the optional silicone seals added. Newark has proven to be a good supplier.

Back