What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N94KK first flight

Kokemiller

Well Known Member
After 2 yrs and 5 months of work on a standard built 9A I was able to reward myself with a first flight in a plane I built. OH WHAT A FEELING! Took place at Boone, IA on April 19, 2010.
Powered by a Barrett Precision Engines O-320 and Catto 3-blade prop. Dynon day/night VFR panel.
Very thankful to the WC aircraft crew; Keith Campbell, Kevin Horn, and Bob Woolery. They answered all my endless questions and shot a show quality paint job.
Flight went exceptionally well with no squaks and ended with the best RV landing I've made yet (a total of about 12 in my log book).
14jqbk4.jpg

dsbko.jpg

b6ajwk.jpg

Congrats Kelley - What a beautiful plane. You must feel great!

Now how about you come over to CR and help me with my canopy :)

Super Jealous - maybe I'll be there next year (ish)? Or I'll probably still be bending my canopy frame :(

WOOHOO!! Congrats, Kelley!

Does your wife still hate me? I remember the first flight I gave you in the -7A, when we landed you said "Oh man.. My wife is gonna hate you!" ha!

I'm a bit surprised, though - no John Deere green? ;)

Congrats!!

-Chris

Congrats!!

It's great to see another Iowa RV in the air! Now if I could just get another one flying in the QC.....:eek:

My Congratulations! I second Chris' comment - WOOHOO!!

Congrats on the completion and first flight of your beautiful RV-9A!

And welcome into the most exclusive aviator club on the planet. :)

Back